Is Intelligent Engagement at Convention Centers a Trade Show Trend?
Why should all event profs stay on top of industry trends? Here’s a solid reason: Business to business trade shows generate a significant amount of revenue for business, consumers and e-commerce globally, and it’s expected to grow past nearly $16.8 billion by 2021, according to PwC.
It’s our job at TSNN to report these tips and trends to our audience, especially when it involves how event professionals interact and engage with the world around them.
Recently, we were inspired by a webinar discussing how to maximize ROI on venue experience with intelligent digital technology, produced by Samsung SDS.
We were educated by an impressive group of speakers; Joseph Lanners, director of customer experience and innovation at Samsung SDSA; Hugh Sinnock, president of HKS Strategies; Jenelle Brewer, director of customer experience at Las Vegas Convention Center; and Joaquin Quesada, deputy director of sales and services at Anaheim Convention Center.
Now, we’re inviting you to take a deeper dive with us into ways to optimize exhibition halls and meeting rooms with this technology to improve engagement.
This content will not only help you provide a better customer experience but also provide an opportunity for you to maximize revenue for every show.
5 Key Takeaways (Listen to the full webinar recording below for a broader education):
1. Venue renovations are on the rise and attendees are engaging with new technologies; they’re succeeding with some, not succeeding with others.
2. Trade show industry growth and a strong economy enable convention centers and venue operators to invest in new and emerging technology. For the first time since 2008, the industry has surpassed the pre-recession growth rate for all major indicators and is tracking closely with GDP.
3. Technology and digital signage trends are adding the most value for hospitality experts (and the convention and event industry) including dynamic “infotainment,” wayfinding through geolocation, and smart ad sales.
- Convention centers are working on incorporating wayfinding systems to create a seamless and cohesive customer journey.
- Smart ad sales technology is creating additional revenue sources for venues, thereby supporting expansion and renovation efforts.
4. Ultimately, technology is having an impact on every major area of the business on both the customer experience side and behind-the-scenes venue management.
5. Exhibitors have an expectation for more, whether it be bigger, better or faster, and venues are expected to deliver.
Thanks to the convention center executives and thought leaders who discussed how they’re innovating their spaces and creating better visitor experience by leveraging technology – please continue to inform us!
Samsung SDS is a paid advertiser with TSNN