Attendees and Exhibitors Enjoy a More Touchless Venue Experience at CES 2023
As part of its commitment to creating a healthy environment for attendees and exhibitors to conduct and further global business, the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) is offerig a more touchless venue experience at CES 2023, taking place Jan. 5-8 at 11 official venues in Las Vegas, including the Las Vegas Convention Center, The Venetian Convention and Expo Center and ARIA.
According to CTA officials, health and safety measures being executed across all CES venues include increased fresh air flow and filtration systems, hand sanitizing stations, door greeters and touchless public facilities.
“As producer of the world’s most influential tech event, we are proactively committed to creating an environment that reduces health risks for our attendees,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO of CTA, which owns and produces CES, widely considered the most influential global tech event in the world.
He continued, “In-person events such as CES are critical to advancing business. A more touchless venue experience at CES 2023 will provide a roadmap for future industry events on health and safety efforts for attendees.”
Health and safety measures to be implemented at the show include:
Fresh Airflow and Door Greeters
- Fresh airflow has been increased in ventilation systems across venues.
- Exterior doors will be opened and monitored to allow fresh air flow where possible.
- Door greeters will be stationed at remaining doors to open as attendees enter.
- Touchless hand sanitizing units will be installed throughout all facilities in high-traffic areas.
- All meeting rooms, conference areas, food areas, lounges, customer service areas, information kiosks, elevators, escalators, lounges and offices will have hand sanitizing stations.
- Badge pickup locations will utilize touchless badge printing.
- Customer service centers will offer touchless payment for on-site registrations.
- All microphones and shared AV equipment will be sanitized between use.
- Restrooms, handrails and doors will be cleaned throughout the day.
- Sinks, toilets and paper towel dispensers will be touchless.
- Cashless payment systems will be available at venue food outlets and business centers.
For a full list of CES 2023 Health Protocols, go here.
According to CES officials, CES 2023 is expected to be the largest in-person, audited business event to take place in the U.S. since early 2020, showcasing a 40% larger exhibitor footprint compared to the 2022 show. The annual B2B event is expected to welcome more than 3,100 exhibitors spanning more than 2 million square feet of expo space.
At the event, attendees can expect to experience new technologies from global brands, hear about the future of technology from industry thought leaders and enjoy multiple opportunities to network and collaborate face-to-face with other attendees. The show will highlight how innovations in sectors including sustainability, transportation and mobility, digital health and the metaverse are addressing the world’s greatest challenges.
Don’t miss any event-related news: Sign up for our weekly e-newsletter HERE, listen to our latest podcast HERE and engage with us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram!
Add new comment