Messe Duesseldorf Asia Signs on to Co-Organize Indonesia-based Indoprint 2012
Germany-based Messe Duesseldorf’s Asia subsidiary plans to co-organize the Indoprint 2012 show, an event for the printing industry, with Indonesia-based show organizer PT Wahana Kemalaniaga (WAKENI).
The six-year-old show – on tap April 11-14 at the Jakarta International Expo - fits neatly into Messe Duesseldorf’s worldwide portfolio that includes drupa - the no. 1 international trade show for the global printing industry, according to Messe Duesseldorf officials.
The 2011 Indoprint show drew 173 exhibitors from 15 countries that showcased their products to 11,245 attendees.
Next year’s show will be collocated with the Indopack (packaging) and Indoplas (plastics) exhibitions.
Since its first staging, Indoprint has developed into Indonesia’s leading printing exhibition. Exhibitors at Indoprint 2012 will present the latest developments in pre-press and pre-media technology, printing machinery, appliances and accessories as well as book binding and print finishing technology and paper converting and package production equipment.
In addition, educational seminars on a variety of topics will provide information about future trends, essential business strategies and key technologies.
Messe Duesseldorf sees plenty of opportunity in Indonesia for several reasons, according to company officials:
- • GDP growth of 5.9 percent in 2010, with projected growth of 6 percent in 2011 and 6.4 percent in 2012
- • third fastest-growing economy is Asia and the largest economy in Southeast Asia
- • fourth most populous nation in the world with more than 240 million residents
- • domestic consumption is one of the major driving forces behind the country’s economic growth, accounting for almost 70 percent of the GDP
• outlook for the printing industry remains positive with demand projected to grow by more
than 50 percent between 2006 and 2011
- • there are currently more than 1,000 large- and medium-sized printing companies in Indonesia
- • the lucrative food processing and packaging industry will further boost print demand
Other industry partners for the show include the Indonesian Master Printers Association, Politeknik Negeri Media Kreatif, Indonesian Printing Community and the Indonesian Flexographic Technical Association.