10 Not-To-Miss Experiences at IAEE’s Expo! Expo! 2018
It’s no wonder that Expo! Expo! IAEE’s Annual Meeting and Exhibition is considered the “show for shows.”
This annual trade show for trade show professionals draws in upwards of 2,500 exhibition professionals – 60 percent exhibition organizers and 40 percent suppliers – to engage with one another, learn about the latest industry trends and technology, and push the events industry forward.
Taking place Dec. 11-13 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, the event offers a plethora of cutting-edge education (a whopping 142 education sessions on and off the showfloor!); 289 exhibitors spanning a diverse trade show marketplace; and 43 networking opportunities.
“Each year, we explore new and innovative ways in which we can enhance the Expo! Expo! experience for attendees and we are excited to introduce the activities we’ve added this year,” said David DuBois, IAEE president and CEO.
He continued, “As the ‘show for shows,’ we understand how important it is to provide the latest information, trends and options for show organizers to consider implementing into their own events. And, of course, we want our attendees to have fun! – and we’ve planned for that as well.”
Here are some new and enhanced features to take advantage of at this year’s jam-packed event:
- A/V Experience: Sponsored by AVIXA and PSAV, this series of showfloor education experiences will zero in on audio/visual-related content for trade show professionals and how A/V can be applied to increase attendee ROI. Learn the best and newest ideas from case studies and experience the best in various technologies, platforms and best practices out there in a casual, relaxed environment. To learn more, go HERE.
- CEIR Decoded Session: This new educational session will help attendees to better understand how to use CEIR data. Learn more about Expo! Expo! education sessions HERE.
- International Theatre & Pavilion: New to the showfloor, this new Pavilion will debut 15 international exhibitors who will give short, 10-minute presentations in an informal theatre setting.
- Lobby Activations: Formerly part of the IAEE pavilion, these special activations will be featured in the Expo! Expo! lobby with some surprise elements as well as more networking and engagement built in:
- CEM Discovery Lounge
- EMB Activation with a video testimonial booth
- CEIR Silent Auction
- IAEE activation (with a surprise on Tuesday morning before the opening general session)
- Pit Stop Sessions:Designed to provide attendees with life hacks and tips for a better work life, these short, quick-fire showfloor learning sessions will cover a range of top-of-mind industry topics, including Leveraging Social Media; Obtaining Your CEM; Tips for Using Marketing Automation Tools to Drive Sales; Building Negotiation Skills; Tips for New Show Managers; Effective Networking and Maximizing Sales Optimization Software. Sponsored by Visit Charlotte and the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
- Science & Technology of a Show Education Track: This new content is designed for industry IT professionals who operate within, implement or oversee technology departments that delves into the most relevant, top-of-mind technology issues, challenges and ideas.
- Student Design Competition: This new student design competition will feature a winner on Dec. 13 at the Networking Luncheon & Awards Presentationwhose design will become the VIBE lounge for Expo! Expo! 2019 in Las Vegas.
- Tech Startup Pavilion and Competition: Now in its fourth year, the Tech Startup Pavilion and Competition is a unique opportunity for Expo! Expo! attendees to explore and engage with emerging technology companies in the exhibitions and events space. Brought to you by Visit Austin and Austin Convention Center, the Pavilion will also feature a pitch competition of startup event tech companies on Dec. 12 that will be judged by a panel of industry experts who will select a winner to be announced during the IAEE Annual Networking Luncheon & Awards Presentation on Dec. 13. To learn more, go HERE.
- The VIBE Lounge: Powered by a2z, Inc., the new VIBE Lounge is a dedicated space on the exhibition floor for informal, 30-minute peer-to-peer networking discussions led by industry thought leaders who will share Values, Interests, Beliefs and Energy on the following topics: Technology, Marketing, Strategy, Management and Sales.
“Peer-to-peer educational discussions take the formalities out of the education process and allow attendees to be more open in sharing their thoughts and questions,” said Bill McGlade, senior director of Emerging Business for a2z.
He continued, “Perfectly suited on the show floor, these micro sessions lend themselves to be a seamless follow-up to full conference sessions or a way to engage attendees in a more holistic and communicative environment for the event.”
- Women Leadership Experience: This popular Expo! Expo! component will feature a dynamic and inspiring panel discussion about the challenges and issues women experience when advancing their careers as well as strategies for women to implement to get beyond these challenges. Participants will also leave with knowledge of how their organizations can support and promote high-potential women into executive-level leadership roles and how women are continuing to advance, be successful and triumph, even in the wake of various obstacles.
For complete details about Expo! Expo! IAEE’s Annual Meeting & Exhibition 2018, go HERE.