IAEE to Present Tech Use Cases at Expo! Expo! 2018
The International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE) will feature a series of emerging technology solution use cases at Expo! Expo! IAEE’s Annual Meeting & Exhibition, taking place Dec. 11-13 in New Orleans.
Already proven in the exhibitions and events marketplace, these Tech Use Cases are designed to give exhibition and event producers an opportunity to explore a wide range of solutions to answer the challenges they face in the fast-paced and ever-changing landscape that is the exhibitions and events industry.
IAEE’s Technologies Committee comprises technology domain experts and exhibition organizers who provide regular insight and feedback on current and emerging technology trends that have the potential of disrupting the events industry.
Members of the committee identified the following key areas of interest for the case studies: Attendee Experience and Engagement; Back of House (Venue Related Tech); Lead Generation (ROI); Learning Technology; Marketing (Attendee Acquisition); Networking, Revenue Creation; Security and Compliance, and Sponsorships.
“The IAEE Technologies Committee wanted to focus on use cases that are currently impacting the exhibitions and events industry, and how they may impact the industry within the next three to five years,” said David DuBois, IAEE president and CEO. “These hands-on case studies will provide relevant, usable information about new technology applications within the industry.”
The Tech Use Cases to be featured at Expo! Expo! include:
- Tech Use Case No. 1: Using New Mobile Technology to Increase Safety and Security, presented by Rich Stone, CEO, EXPOCAD by ACT
- Tech Use Case No. 2: Increasing Attendee Engagement with Facilitated Event Networking, presented by Ville Vanhala, Co-Founder, Brella
- Tech Use Case No. 3: How Face Recognition for Attendee Check-in is Changing Events, presented by Dave Bradfield, II, Vice President, Client Success, Expo Logic
- Tech Use Case No. 4: Visual Communications – Using etech’s ShowCommand to Take Digital Signage from an Event Expense to an Event Revenue Generator, presented by Tom Brandt, President, etech Events
- Tech Use Case No. 5: How Experient Uses Your Guest's Behavior to Drive Results, presented by Aaron Dorsey, PMP, Sr. Director, Strategic Client Technology, Experient, a Maritz Global Events Company and Jamie Murdock, Vice President, Sales, Experient, a Maritz Global Events Company
- Tech Use Case No. 6: COMPUTEX Taipei 2018, presented by Emilia Shih, Executive Director of Exhibition Department, TAITRA
All featured use cases collected by the Technologies Committee and edited by Dahlia El Gazzar (Dahlia +) are cataloged in a searchable website, IAEE’s Tech Guide. Launched earlier this year, this growing collection of over 50 use cases provides show organizers with a comprehensive and growing library of relevant and emerging technology applications taking place in the industry.
For more details about Expo! Expo! IAEE’s Annual Meeting & Exhibition 2018, go HERE.