The Expo Group Unveils Show Manager of the Year Awards Winners
The Expo Group Show Manager of the Year Awards winners for 2015 emerged from a field of hard-working nominees committed to their craft.
Created in 2000, the “SMOTY” Awards recognize show organizers who are creating amazing experiences with their exhibition and in their marketplace community.
"The dedication, innovation and downright determination of the people in this business continually impresses me and the judging panel, as well," said Ray Pekowski, president and CEO of The Expo Group.
He added, "We began this program to give back to the community by honoring unsung heroes, and I am proud the SMOTYs continue to honor people doing some amazing things with their show.”
SMOTY award winners will be recognized onstage during the 2015 TSNN Awards: Celebrating Success, on tap Nov. 6-8 in Atlanta.
Congratulations to the 2015 SMOTY winners:
· Tier I, 150 booths or less: Linda Trummel, manager, Event Services, SmithBucklin
· Tier II, 151-300 booths: Wayneston Harbeson, vice president of Operations and Event Services, National Association of Television Program Executives
· Tier III, 301-700 booths: Scott Craighead, CEM, vice president of Exhibitions and Events,International Association of Exhibitions and Events
· Tier IV, 701-1,500 booths: Eric Z. Horn, CMP, associate executive director for Business Development and show director for North American Beauty Events LLC, Professional Beauty Association
· Tier V, More than 1,500 booths: Bill Lynch, COO, Specialty Food Association
At the TSNN Awards weekend celebration, each SMOTY winner will receive the iconic SMOTY obelisk trophy and be honored with a donation made in their name to the charity or educational institution of their choice.
The Expo Group also will make a donation in honor of all nominees to The Meetings Industry Fund, a newly formed entity designed to help industry professionals in times of financial crisis.
Anyone responsible for the production of an event with exhibition space is eligible for the awards, regardless of any affiliation with The Expo Group. Nominations are accepted year-round at www.theexpogroup.com.
Visit http://theexpogroup.com/e/AboutUs/SMOTY.aspx to meet previous award winners and learn more about the program.
For more information on the 2015 TSNN Awards please visit HERE.